The Merchandiser works with the sales and marketing departments to service and merchandise a defined account universe based on house and supplier marketing guidelines.
· Maintains supplier POS and merchandising inventory by managing inventory status and organizing merchandise.
· Installs and builds displays by working with customers and sales management in the coordination of timing and location of displays.
·Executes resets (cold box, shelf, back bar) by working with customers and sales management to coordinate timing and specifics of plan.
· Processes orders to draft department (where applicable) by communicating and filing necessary paperwork relevant to the requirements of the account.
· Manages all administrative functions that are applicable to POS, to include but not limited to, POS requests, pickups and deliveries by filing all necessary paperwork.
· Maintains pitch book by photographing all display, shelf, back bar, window display, lobby display, and cold box work.
· Participates in general sales meetings and one on one meetings with direct supervisor by preparing necessary recaps and gaining an understanding of company priorities.
· Assists in the preparation for meetings and events by working with all applicable departments to identify merchandising requirements, pulling the POS and installing the merchandising materials as necessary.
· Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
· Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
· Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment. The ability to share workspace, travel by car or train, dress in proper business attire and meet deadlines are all requirements of this position.