The Account Development Specialist (ADS) will develop and utilize selling techniques and skills to promote Wine and Portfolio of brands for a dedicated account base.
This position will be responsible to liaise with retail and restaurant store owners/managers and is responsible for all management of the CDI portfolio and driving growth in their current account base and under devolved accounts.
Position works with key retailers/restaurateurs and CDI management for assigned accounts as it relates to merchandising, marketing, writing wine lists, selling and training. Overall service responsiveness to accounts utilizing effective written, verbal communication and presentation skills, use of sound judgment, and effective analyzing of data.
· Maintains target accounts with the CDI Portfolio, by effectively communicating marketing plans, pricing, maintaining relationships with influencers, presenting new wine products and wine list .
· Develops under developed accounts outside the target universe.
· Produces wine lists, wine event pos, marketing pos and retail pos by working with Brandmuscle or in house graphic department.
· Produces sell sheets using technology tools that we offer to share with customers and the sales team (Seven Fifty, Supplier Web sites, Power Point and One Drive).
· Determines specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing and surveying for opportunities.
· Executes in-house sales successes and in house trainings when needed.
· Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management.
· Schedules and Plans weekly account visits.
· Organizes a daily plan to execute sales results
· Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing supplier priorities and customers’ needs to selling new product- utilizing the 8 steps to the sales call.
· Follows up with accounts and CDI associates in a timely manner.
· Understands pricing and product programming information monthly by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
· Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
· Ensures maximum visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
· Educates account staff on Focus Brands by administering instructional staff training seminars.
· Assists event marketing manager by helping organize supplier events and brand promotions to maximize brand visibility.
· Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
· Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands throughout account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
· Utilizes social media to promote activity in the market- place.
· Works on achieving GTM objectives on a quarterly basis (yearly, activation, account development)
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (BBG and Supplier Training Modules).
· Maintains professional relationships with supplier and winery personal
Strong knowledge of beverage alcohol industry to include:
Physical Demands of Job: