Responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of supplier brands through effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
· Assist in the development, execution and evaluation of local and national brand programs.
· Manage the execution of all trade and consumer focused activities (promotions, events, blitzes etc.) that support local and national brand programs while ensuring regulatory compliance.
· Provide recaps and ROI analysis for all trade and consumer focused activities.
· Assist with the ordering, allocation and tracking of all supplier-provided and locally created point-of-sale materials.
· Assist in the identification, development and management of all local sponsorships, partnerships and events.
· Maintains key account relationships, by effectively communicating marketing plans, maintaining relationships with influencers (managers, bartenders and promoters), presenting new products, promotions, local marketing programs and cocktail and wine list offerings, and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
· Produces wine, cocktail lists and other point-of-sale materials by working with CENTIV.
· Determines specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing account and surveying for opportunities.
· Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for customers by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
· Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing account trends and brand knowledge.
· Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management.
· Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling new products, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists, displays, shelf resets and promotions to all accounts as required.
· Understands company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
· Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
· Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands in targeted accounts by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
· Ensures maximum brand visibility within targeted accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
· Educates account staff on priority brands by administering instructional staff training seminars.
· Maximizes brand visibility and consumer engagement in targeted accounts by working with sales teams to schedule, file, manage, and execute events and promotions.
· Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, IPAD).
· Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
· Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintain compliance with all state trade regulations and Supplier marketing codes of conduct with regard to program development, execution and management.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
· Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
· A minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience is required.
· A sound understanding of wine and spirits is required.
· Strong computer, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
· Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
· Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer systems including presentation software.
· Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.